" To enable all people in Aotearoa to live violence free "
Porirua Living Without Violence works to enable all people in the community to live free of all forms of violence, abuse and oppression.
What we do:
- We nurture all aspects of a child's life: Te Taha Whanau, Te Taha Tinana, Te Taha Hinengaro and Te Taha Wairua (Family, Physical, Mental and Spiritual Well-being)
- We work to eliminate violence and to promote safety for women and children
- We support, educate and empower women in violent relationships or women who have been affected by violent relationships
- We provide education groups for men and women who have used violence in their families
How we do it:
- By providing Empower Programmes and Behaviour Change Programmes for Women
- By providing Behaviour Change Programmes for Men and a Men's Individual Support and Education Programme
- By providing educational programmes for Children