"To enable all people in Aotearoa to live violence free."
Porirua Living Without Violence works to enable all people in the community to live free of all forms of violence, abuse and oppression.
What we do:
- We nurture all aspects of a child's life: Te Taha Whanau, Te Taha Tinana, Te Taha Hinengaro and Te Taha Wairua (Family, Physical, Mental and Spiritual Well-being)
- We work to eliminate violence and to promote safety for women and children
- We support, educate and empower women in violent relationships or women who have been affected by violent relationships
- We provide education groups for men and women who have used violence in their families
How we do it:
- By providing education and support programmes plus stopping violence programmes for Women
- By providing stopping violence programmes for Men
- By providing educational programmes for Children